Careers with Dicharry Homes
Job Description – New Home Sales Consultant
Are you a top sales representative looking for a great opportunity to sell high quality new homes? Dicharry Homes is seeking a New Home Sales Consultant in the Thibodaux Louisiana area. We are looking for a sales professional who is passionate about success and customer service, confident, coachable and who thrives in an environment helping customers fulfil their dream of quality home ownership.
Dicharry Homes is your local home builder with a notable legacy of homebuilding excellence. Our New Home Consultants sell homebuyers the dream of homeownership, guiding customers through the Dicharry Homes buying process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to inquiries from potential home buyers, establishing a relationship to determine their home buying needs by utilizing a consultative selling approach.
- Engage the local community, self-generating leads from Realtor/Co-Broker businesses, referrals and self-prospecting.
- Proactive outreach and communication with local realtor offices regarding Dicharry communities, spec homes inventory and custom home options.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the competitive marketplace, including product, site, local community, sales, advertising and demographics.
- Generating new customers through initial appointments; proactive follow-up appointments; design center guidance and quality communication.
- Accompany visitors on home tours of available inventory homes answering questions and providing information about the community and discussing features of the home.
- Provide timely and consistent follow-through with customers from initial contact, the purchase and financing process, through all closing and post-closing activities. Maintain accurate records of all communications during this process in the company CRM system.
- Participate in weekly sales and marketing meetings reviewing neighborhood status, website updates and sales strategies.
- Periodically gather data and prepare reports for management review.
- Responsible for ensuring the condition of the inventory homes are show ready and communicating with field and office staff of maintenance issues and ensuring issues are resolved.
- Participate in the homeowner orientation if requested.
- Team player that demonstrates initiative and follow-through.
- Willing to work 5 days per week including one weekend day.
- Daily interaction with various company personnel, outside agencies, business partners, consultants, and homeowners. Regular contact with the potential customers where matters discussed require resourcefulness, patience, clarity, and tact.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum High School or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- 2 years proven experience in New Home Sales and/or commission real estate sales preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years selling experience
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Valid auto insurance coverage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Ability to prepare written documentation and complete contract calculations
Some office work which may require the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. Able to drive a vehicle.